Popular Posts

Thursday 11 February 2016

Apricot Coconut Slice Cheekyricho YouTube Recipe




My dear friend passed away recently after a serious illness. His close family gathered together to support each other. Their sadness was unimaginable and there is nothing anyone can say or do to ease their pain. I knew there would be late nights talking and reminiscing, visitors dropping by to pay their respects, a little toddler confused by all the sadness and another new life on the way.  Life must go on and the humdrum of everyday living would be a burden on my friends. I tried to ease their suffering a little in my own small way, by really the only way I knew how. I made a couple of things to have with a cuppa and a Lasagne that could be either heated there and then or frozen for later use. I will continue to try and offer comfort to my friends in their worst days. 
This man was the Patriarch of his clan and his loss will be felt by many 
forever. He was taken too soon and had so much vitality and wisdom to share, the unfairness of the whole sad situation is beyond words.
Rest in Peace Arthur, your friendship and presence will be missed. You taught me so much and will always be my friend.  I feel lucky and blessed to have known you. You would've really enjoyed this slice  before you fell ill. I am really going to miss making your favourite treats, especially at Christmas. You also taught me to make the best Damper I have ever tasted. There are so many things that remind me if you and your unusual sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment