Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Spider bite or Shingles???

I was walking my dog when I got an itchy bite on my tummy. No sting, no burning pain, just like a mozzie bite. It persisted when I got home so I got Richo to check if it was a tick he said it just looked like an insect bite. Not a tick.
Within 3 days my 'insect bite'had taken a turn for the worse. Swollen red, hot and 2.5 degrees Celsius warmer than other parts of my tummy. I decided to get him to take a picture to see if it got worse.
I joked the Coroner might want to see the progress, at my inquest. Spiders and I are not friends. It has been suggested my fear of spiders is unnatural. 
By the next day I was convinced that my pathological fear of spiders was entirely justified.
This isn't just one bite it's the spider families idea of a joke. The pain is very intense, hot, burning stinging pain that is making me feel sick. I have been counting hours until I can safely take the next dose of painkillers.
Enough is enough, I think I have been quite patient and this is getting worse and more painful. I took myself of to Hospital to see if I should be worried.my mother took one look and had a fit, starting regaling stories of rotting flesh, ulcers that took years to heal, amputated Limbs and digits. I hardly think they could amputate my abdomen but she did instill enough doubt in my complacent mind to force me to get it checked out.
Doctor tells me I have been bitten multiple times by 'God knows what' and the level of toxin decreased with each subsequent bite until the last few bites were almost ineffective. Easy for him to say it's not his stinging, burning , throbbing tummy. Now it's antibiotics and strict instructions if there are any further changes for the worse return immediately to hospital. He did seem appreciative of my photographic evidence and seemed quite surprised that I had been nursing this problem for over a week before deciding to get a second opinion. At this stage I am still alive and making no plans to become friends with spiders. I think this culprit may have been lurking in my washing on the line or maybe a beach towel. Either way I sincerely wish our paths hadn't crossed. If I survive I will keep you posted.πŸ€•πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ‘ŽπŸ»
Spider Bite Update
Well it has taken 2 trips to the Emergency Room at the local hospital and one trip to my local doctor to confirm not a Spider a Bite at all, it seems a recent encounter with a toddler with Chicken Pox has awaken a dormant bug in my system and thrown a dose of Shingles at me. Bugger, first I had no phone or Internet for weeks and now I'm in excruciating pain despite taking enough drugs to keep a few Drug Addicts satisfied. I tell you, I don't know what they see in it, I feel sick, waking every hour, sweating and then freezing with a fuzzy head feeling half way between a hangover and being tipsy. The most ridiculous dreams haunt my sleep. For instance, I had a dream Richo invented a vacuum cleaner out of a plastic bucket and was sucking up leaves around the pool, I was trying to warn him about the electricity/water danger when I woke up.? Not knowing if his invention electrocuted him. I told him about it and he laughed saying" lucky you woke up of course I would've been electrocuted!"
Balance is a problem, as is standing in one spot. Anything touching my left leg feels like it's cold and wet. I have this large numb area on my side that is itchy and my 'spider bites' feel like constantly being dabbed with a lit cigarette. I tried to have a swim and the 30 degree Celsius water felt icy. I've had chicken pox as a child and apparently that is why I have this now. No cure, no real assistance with pain relief and I feel dreadful. I just have to tough it out. Seriously, with the technology and medical advancement that has taken place in recent years and there is no way of knowing if or when this will get better. The little baby I encountered, so if I'm a bit quiet so if 
So ifwho had Chicken Pox had been immunised but was too young for the final boosters and someone gave her chicken pox. She now has scars for life and I have this. That is a powerful argument for having kids immunised if you ask me. I have come into close contact with two pregnant women in the last fortnight and I would never wish any harm on them or their unborn bubs and here I am unknowingly carrying a bug they are best not exposed to. My Doctor says they have nothing to fear but I have told them anyway so they can inform their doctors.
Adults with Shingles can die, some don't recover and the rest of us just almost wish we were dead, to get away from the suffering. It's really cruel and relentless.

No comments:

Post a Comment