Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Make Malaysian Kaya at home.

Going over some photos of our Malaysian trip and it reminded me to try and find Kaya, a sweet coconut & egg jam. No one sells it or has heard if it where we live so I decided to make my own, next problem we encountered was where to get Pandanus leaves necessary for the flavouring. No joy there so we bought some Pandan extract, which unfortunately is very highly coloured. I used less than half a teaspoon full to achieve the desired flavour which left me with an almost kryptonite coloured Kaya. If you can forgive me the deep colour you will praise the flavour of this delicious sweet coconut flavoured jam with a hint of Pandan flavour and a hell-of-a-lot of colour. Couldn't separate the two and the flavour was the primary concern. Will be featuring it on our cheekyricho YouTube channel this week. If you know the product you will appreciate the simplicity in making it and if you haven't tried it before. Now's your chance to make it at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment