Popular Posts

Saturday 22 March 2014

Fun with Salads


We love Salads and as the days get shorter we want to make the most of the remaing warm weather by making some grab n go salads. This idea came about by accident. Out camping Richo put my bread in the esky to keep it safe. Right next to the melting ice. My anticipate Fresh ham Salad roll was not destined to be. The soggy sodden crushed mess made suitable bait and Bentley for his fishing. Still trying to determine if this was an accident??? He's low carb so he doesn't care. I decided to make a ham salad roll without my crusty loaf. I was hungry but this was amazing. So filling healthy colourful and full of texture. Why didn't I think of it sooner? Easy to eat wrapped in foil. The only available surface is the one you're eating so that sorted the flies. No cutlery and no mess. We make them to fit in a stubby holder do that keeps them cool and fresh in the kayak too. I am gonna miss you summer ;-((

No comments:

Post a Comment