Popular Posts

Monday 27 June 2016

Back home & hit the floor running

Well it's been a fortnight since we got back. I've had another operation on my foot.
This time to straighten a couple of toes that protested at the previous tendon transfer and bone fusions. So more tendon work and metal Implants to sort that. Not painful really except for these muscle/slash nerve spasms that have given me grief every night. Mind you  pain medication is keeping the bad stuff at bay. 6 weeks in a Moon Sandal and I should be able to wear my normal boots and shoes again. Yesterday was very cold so I baked bread and made pots of soup. Richo is installing some lights etc in our new carport and we made an unscheduled trip to Bunnings Hardware for more bits for the job. 
I bought another car, it's not a new one but we should have plenty of fun in it.. We don't like the new model, they have downsized the diesel rnfine, removed a heap of storage compartments, squashed the sides in around the luggage compartment and now the new back seats don't lay flat. This is similar to the one I relocated for a company from Melbourne to Brisbane a year or so back and let me tell you, I did not want to give them back the keys. Doesn't everyone lie flat on their back after foot surgery and research & then buy a car. Or is it just me? Oh and my tricky back has sent me off for another MRI. Please please just be  muscular  and not some random hardware issue, I really don't want anymore spinal surgery.
Great news though my friend has invited me to Cairns, in a week or so,  for a few days catch up, sort of of a girls long weekend. So excited, I need a holiday and I've only been back a fortnight LOL, how did I ever find time to go to work. Retirement is just so busy.
Airfares, accomodation and restaurants all this while I'm being followed by a moon sandal, moon sandal, moon sandal my cat Stevens fan friends will understand..

No comments:

Post a Comment