Popular Posts

Sunday 4 May 2014

A little Fairy dropped by.

A young lady read my blog recently and contacted me to offer a sincere message of support. I wasn't aware she even knew of my blog.  She is a very kind sweet girl who has a wonderful sense if humour. In fact her giggle is almost infectious. During my medical rehabilitation she has been emailing me funny skits and jokes she  had found on the net to cheer me up and help pass the time. Her fiancé visited me in Hospital despite my protests and has since visited me at home. 
The other night they called by again. We chatted and laughed and shared a cup of coffee. It was good to see them. I was totally unprepared for what happened next. She had brought a bag full of goodies for my clinically stark bathroom. A Little bath buddy thing filled with Buffy? A bottle of her favourite french perfume, some little pots of Clinique cosmetics, 2 huge bottles of English body moisturiser and bath Gel, which smells like heaven in a pump pack. All gift boxed with a little silk tassle. 
I didn't know what to say, I couldn't say anything.... I was too overwhelmed, here was a lass who doesn't really know me that well, going out of her way to buy such gorgeous gifts to fill the void that someone, who should have known better, deliberately created. This is a happy post. I do not intend to dwell on the painful reason I have been so upset all week. 
Her extreme generosity was unexpected and a complete surprise. I started to cry I couldn't talk, couldn't even say thank you the words of gratitude were stuck, I am rarely stuck for words but this really knocked me for six. She saw me fold and  her excited happiness at have giving me such gifts immediately turned to concern.    She wrapped arms around me kissed my head and said 'ooh wrong emotion! Rewind, this is supposed to make you happy. Just replenishing, just helping make up for what was lost!'  'You're supposed to be happy!'
Composure took a while to return to me. I couldn't think what to say or how to say it. I was filled with gratitude. Something so sweet to emerge from something so raw and horrible.
What an extraordinary act of kindness. I have experienced the extreme actions of 2 completely different people this week. One who was so concerned about my ordeal, she felt selflessly compelled to try and heal me and make amends for the despicably underhanded actions of someone I had trusted and deserved a great deal more respect from.
Human nature is a funny thing. From the gentle, accepting, non judgmental, caring, happy and nurturing.......to the  controlling, self righteous, over self opinionated, obsessed with forcing unrealistic ideals upon people who do not deserve or foster such confrontational and unwarranted attention. I feel extreme pity for anyone who doesn't conform to the latters ridiculous, socially motivated, selfish, immature, unattainable expectations.

Time to surround myself with people and situations that make me comfortable, happy and bring a sense of acceptance and belonging. 
Courtesy, kindness and civility are free and should flow easily and reflect readily from intended recipients. 
The next time anyone feels inclined to attempt to enforce their opinions upon someone else, they should consider the probable far reaching ireversible ramifications that will inevitably occur.

Please, Please, Please think carefully before you act. Some words & actions are permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment