Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Day 34 post op ankle reconstruction

It's 4am!!!! Sleep is eluding me again!! Yesterday Richo took me to the shops I needed to check
My mail, buy some fresh vegetables and go for a scooter, my house is a labyrinth of hallways and corners. The carpeted areas have plush carpet too thick to ride on properly. I needed to get some speed up. Aldis is ok but if you really wanna race head to Coles, big wide aisles shiny floors and gazoodles of space. So that's what we did. By the time we got home and I crawled on my knees upstairs it was time for the knees in the air position that I have had to adopt for over a month.
Today I'm off to see my surgeon again , this was an Unscheduled visit following my bad report card last week. I had an excuse, a visitor who needed my attention and assistance. The last week has been consumed with my hanging upside down desperately trying to relieve my dreadfully swollen ankle of its booty of fluid.
 My internet failed me and today Richo had to post my new modem back to D-Link under warranty repairs. I must say I am extremely unimpressed! Southern phone my service provider ran a few diagnostic checks and said "It's the modem!" They even made me take my defective modem to a neighbours house to check it against their ADSL, needless to say I was totally incapable of doing this. Southern Phone said " you must do this as we charge you $150 an hour for a technician to attend if it's the modem!" Richo had to wait for the neighbours to come home from work before he could go and impose on them. eventually s- phone buck passed me to d-link who gave me the run around and promptly flicked me back to the ISP.  Like a hot potato I was shuttled back to d/link who by this time had really forgotten their manners, I have no internet, purpose of the complaint remember, they are sending me instructions via email, you mustn't require the internet for accepting emails!!!!!!! Then you have to print said instructions you are totally incapable of receiving and post them along with modem back to d-link. Registered insured post at MY EXPENSE! Now that's customer service at a level I was hoping never to see again. Another 3-5 days until I receive  a new one. That will be 6 weeks without my internet. Now that couldn't come at a better time, me being so busy and active and all. Not happy JAN!!!!
I must remain upside until we leave for the drs another 250km round trip for a 25 minute consultation. I do hope he is happier with me this time. I really have been good this week!
I have only cooked 4 things since I got home. It's killing me. I NEED to get back into the kitchen.
Very pleased to report Dr is happier with me this week. I have been doing everything right. Still 3 more weeks of no weight bearing. Supposed to only be 1 week guess that's because of the wound problems last week. I must be patient !!!! With no tv or Internet and books too hard to read hanging upside down! Come on June!

No comments:

Post a Comment