Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 May 2014

First mini camping trip with new ankle 44 days post op.

 

Richo bought a new outboard & so we went on a road trip to collect it. Don't need too many excuses to escape my enforced mundane existence. This is where we camped on the banks of a tidal river. We got here late and I was exhausted, after very little sleep the night before my lovely latex bed in the camper was just what I needed. Richo parked on a bit of a slope so my leg was still elevated and I had a good night. Some knucklehead came and parked right beside us at 4 am with his radio blaring at full bore you know that unce oonce music that makes the windows rattle. Tilly wanted to kill him   I was inclined to let her see him off. After 28 minutes he left. Didn't get out of the car didn't meet or talk to anyone. I suspect he may have been inclined to break into our van but Tilly's vocalised objections protected us. This is the delightful view we awoke to. Sea birds, before dawn fisherman embarking on a day trip, houseboats moored beyond the channel. Richo took the dogs for a brisk walk while I prepared a no cook breakfast.


Not our usual fare but bottled OJ & Iced coffee, Greek yoghurt with pink lady apples, drizzled with honey, crusty french bread stick with butter and Latvian Liverwurst was thoroughly enjoyed sitting out in the cool morning air. Portia the 14 year chihuahua dispatched some crows and I thought she was nearly blind. Then we headed off to pick up some other bits we bought and head into Anaconda and Ikea for a some serious scooter action. Of course Richo couldn't keep up (someone had to push the trolley) but I had the best fun, shopping and flying around the big wide shiny aisles. The security guard asked me what propels my scooter and said he thought it must have been a pocket Harley. I feel a lot safer on it than I would a Harley.


A trip through the city at Peak Hour across the Storey Bridge, I told Richo " I'm gonna climb this sucker when my ankles better!!" I' m going to have live to at least 120 years old just to get through my immediate wish and job list! 
And, and where is everyone? Peak Hour on a week day. I love this city. The view from this bridge is especially beautiful at night, you can almost touch the high rise brightly lit buildings on the banks of the river.



I might have overdone it just a tad. By the time we got to Harbourtown there is a sprawling outlet shopping centre with extensive car parks and spread out pathways I was about burnt out. This is the longest time I have spent with my head higher than my leg in about 6 weeks. A quick nap in the car park and off we go again. Found some wonderful kitchen shops and bought some interesting kitchen things to show everyone on our YouTube channel so that's something to look forward to. A late trip home after dinner at a roadside, riverside seafood establishment and back to the usual leg in air position, with a very swollen foot. But today I saw more than my ceiling yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment