Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Vegan Pavlova

We have been getting a lot of requests for Vegan recipes lately and to be honest I find many recipes I have tried to be lacking in flavour and texture. Even the ones that come highly recommended often tend to leave me disappointed. 
Except this one, it's a Vegan Pavlova using a readily available cheap ingredient that is usually discarded as waste. Who would've thought something so simple could end up being so delicious. Served with lashings of delicious Vegan Chantilly Cream and sliced fresh fruit.
Richo my most honest and often tactless critic nearly knocked me over rushing back to the kitchen for a second helping, spruiking his gushy praises long and loud. 
I had t even tasted it yet as I was busy finishing filming and tidying up yet I was in grave danger of missing out altogether.
It was truly as good as he claimed and I am deeply ashamed to admit there were no leftovers... Yep we polished the whole thing off, completely rewinding all the good we did having a salad for dinner.
In its raw state it tasted exactly like raw meringue without the raw eggs so it's safer to eat then anyway but cooked you have a crispy like meringue brown crust over a softer, moister than meringue, texture that is perfectly flavoured and I dare say even a chicken could tell there was no egg in it.
Vegan or not you will want to try this uber easy dessert. Check it out on our cheekyricho YouTube channel.
http://youtu.be/

No comments:

Post a Comment