Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Sunny Queensland

IHere we are camped on the edge of Cunningham Weir between Texas and Goodiwindi in Southern Queensland. It's A pleasant 27 degrees Celsius inside the van with a gentle breeze blowing. Rich o has already caught a couple of fish but they were undersized. The new curtains I made for the van work a treat. Heat & light blocking, they look quite smart too. Caesar salad n BBQ chicken was last nights feast. Tonight it's pork chipolatas stir fry a one pot, low carb meal using fresh veges lean pork and enjoy it in the banks of the weir at sunset. For an entree I will Be making medjool dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon.  Richo is lamenting the fact we didn't bring the kayaks. I have 2 words for him Terminal Sunburn !!
I've been reading a 4wd mag & getting heaps of ideas & inspiration.
The nectarines we bought along the way are sweet cold and crisp just the way I love them.
Ham salad for lunch which I am beginning to think very seriously about.


My little Mexican Sous Chef in the background is overseeing the meal prep, her contribution catch the flies before they land on dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment