Popular Posts

Saturday 6 December 2014

Renovation Chaos

Some time ago my house was Damaged by a storm we have finally been able to organise tradesman to assist with the repairs and it's hot, noisy, dusty, disruptive and exhausting. We have had power outages over an inch an a half of rain onto a demolished roof which caused flooding downstairs. There was unbuilding, then building then clean up and it's not even half finished. The affected rooms have been gutted, a piece of roof sheeting fell down narrowly missing my head and smashed a window. I have been making hot meals and smoko everyday for the tradesman team and making the odd trip to town to collect building requirements and supplies. With only 20 days until Christmas I am having trouble believing I will be sitting down in a renovated air conditioned room to enjoy Christmas dinner with my family, safe in the knowledge that the roof has been thoroughly repaired 
.
Empty and ready for repairs.
Tilly and Richo getting things ready for the builders.
Floor covered and room stripped downstairs.
No turning back now! Lucky we are in the middle of a drought.
Thats a bit better now if the weather would just hold until it's finished.
That shiny stuff on the floor is rain water, lots and lots of it. What a mess! Hasn't rained for months. I want to know who told the storm I had no roof!!!
They don't call us the drought breakers for nothing! Stay tuned for more progress updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment