Popular Posts

Saturday 10 January 2015

Giant Iced Vovo Icecream Cake

My favourite biscuits as a child were iced vovos, which were made by the Arnotts biscuit company. They have been around for about 100 years, a little longer than I have. Something that enduring must have something going for it. My Nana always had a packet on hand and we would eat them with a large glass of icy cold milk. I was thinking about my Nana and those afternoon treats and I thought if iced vovos tasted that good with freezing milk how would they be made into and ice cream slice. ??
Some of the fondest childhood memories are reborn into something new. I decided to invent a Giant Iced Vovo Icecream Cake, as a tribute to My late Nana, Australia Day and to every little girl who has warm memories of a grandmothers soft, cool skin, twinkly eyes and infectious laughter. I know my Nan would've approved of my tweaking one of our favourite biscuits into a truly Australian Classic Summer Dessert. Why don't you check it out and don't forget to stop By our Australia Day recipes playlist for some old fashioned and new age Aussie Day inspired meals. http://youtu.be/6LRktJO8bgY

No comments:

Post a Comment