Popular Posts

Saturday 10 January 2015

Moroccan Couscous Easy Vegan Side

I tried this at a Christmas Party and simply had to share it. Without access to a recipe, whilst I ate it I tried to identify all the different flavours so I could replicate it at home. I'm the one at the table rolling food around my mouth like a seasoned wine taster, making a mental note of each ingredient and committing the taste to memory. Back home as soon as I can I  cook that recipe whilst the flavour is still fresh in my mind.  Sometimes a little tweak here and there and it usually comes out pretty close. This is just one recipe I have made using this method. The great think about doing this you can adjust the recipe to suit your personal taste, some like it hotter, sweeter, tangier but we loved it just like this.
It makes a larger serving probably easily feed about 6 people as generous side dish or 4 as a main with salad. We had so much left over we had it cold with salad the next day and marvelled at how delicious and cheap it was to make. Little tubs of the stuff in the supermarket are about $5-$7 which I happen to think is highway robbery and without seeming conceited ours was way better, preservative free and packed with fresh flavours. We can't decide if we liked hot or cold better but either way the leftovers had a more intense and different flavour as the sauce nestled in amongst the soft grains. http://youtu.be/KvgLuRbKgNc

No comments:

Post a Comment