Popular Posts

Sunday 20 July 2014

Home Hill to Ayr

What a delightful town is Home Hill, perfect for the traveller with a well equipped comfort stop and plenty of facilities for replenishing supplies. There is Camping at the show ground. Unfortunately it was a bit early for us to go to the shops so on to Ayr and we called into a local market where we bought some pickles boiled eggs and beetroot with roast capsicum relish. We had toasted sandwiches under the trees and started the Dreampot cooking Corned Beef For Tea. It was a large piece and I cooked it for 30 minutes before continuing the cooking process in the Dreampot Dinner in Townsville is going to be Delicious.
Richo eats boiled eggs drizzled with vinegar  with a salad. I have never seen that done before so you can imagine his delight at finding Pickled eggs.  They keep for 6 months and it's the first thing I have to learn to make when we get home. Our homemade beetroot relish didn't last long on this trip and silly me only brought one jar so I bought some different varieties on the trip. We love to patronize local markets and get quite a few ideas from home produced preserves from old fashioned cooks like us. Next to try on my toast is some carrot and ginger jam. Also an interesting Lime and Basil Sorbet. That was a great idea but I think they were a bit heavy handed with the citric acid because it tasted a little bit like frozen  alkaseltzer. Going to shake my lime tree and basil bush when I get home and make this refreshing palate cleansing little number. Ahh so many recipes so little time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment