Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 July 2014

I Love Townsville!!!

The view of Townsville and Magnetic Island from the Castle Hill Lookout in the dead centre of town, breathtaking, spectacular, scenic!
We saw a man catch a large flathead and huge golden trevally off this wharf. Judging by the number of photos his wife took I don't think he does it that often. We was pretty proud of his catch.
The foreshore is filled with sparkling bbqs, play equipment, excercise equipment, water entertainment, jetty, showers, bins, grassy areas, nice wide meandering pathways and tropical gardens. It is a paradise to be enjoyed for free and it's spotlessly clean and an absolute credit to the city if Townsville. It's the finest foreshore development I have ever seen.
We arrived in Townsville late in the day on a Sunday. The Strand is a foreshore precinct  that has won numerous Cleanest Beach in Queendland awards. We took the dogs on leads for long walks along the strand and Tilly met a plethora of new friends! We ate moist tender corned beef with potatoes, carrots, kumera, cabbage, beans and white sauce on the ocean front and watched the hundreds of visitors and locals walk, run and ride past. The after dinner walk (well I couldn't walk but I did ride my knee scooter for miles) was fun as we enjoyed an ice cream and after a terrific nights sleep. Another long walk was on the menu, we had cereal and yoghurt with fruit and grapefruit juice and we had a swim in the sea pool. Richo came to sooking all the while about the cold but I loved it I swam 6 laps which is around 600 m and I'd still be in that pool if he hadn't wanted to get going. I can swim but I can't walk at the moment so the cool water and swimming excercise  was  very helpful for my ankle recovery. A quick rinse off the get rid of the salt and by 10.40am I was starving and craving spicy food so we had a Yeeros with extra hot chili sauce and salad with tsaziki and for the life of me I can't think why I haven't showed you how to make this refreshing cucumber Greek dip. Don't worry, I'm into it! Another quick walk and up to Castle Hill which is a lookout in the centre of town giving the most amazing views of the ocean , Islands, mountains, farms and City. I do love Townsville and was sorry to leave.
On the way out of town we stopped a motor wreckers and bought a folding drink table for the van. A cup holder and tray has been sadly lacking and our friends in Mackay had a Honda crv with one such table, we thought it was such a great idea we will be adapting this one we bought to fit the front of the Fiat.

No comments:

Post a Comment