Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 July 2016

The Xtrail gets a nudge bar Cheekyricho mechanical

We bought a nudge bar for the Xtrail and decided to fit it ourselves, me in my moon sandal and protesting back, Richo providing the muscle power while he did another job painting the drop down table mounted on the Mercedes sliding door. That's where we'll be doing most of our cooking on our camping trips. 
The nudge bar is on and we are particularly proud of  our efforts, first time attempting such a job and no instructions. The trickiest part was cutting 4 holes in the bumper bar to receive the brackets. I was nervous because you only get one crack at it and we had no template to work with. Takes Nissan about 2 hours, it took us most of the day. It looks schmick and hopefully will protect us from the odd bump. It also has a bar on it for the new light bar we bought for country road driving.

It's getting cold of a morning and my little old chihuahua is feeling the cold so I brought out my favourite little ceramic heater to keep her warm. After hibernating all summer it worked great for about 20 minutes, then the fan went off and it went 'POOF' then 'BANG' I switched it off immediately and pulled it apart to see if it was something simple but it wasn't so I bought another one and tonight my little fur friends are warm 'n toasty again. Tilly spends much of the night worrying about the possums in the avocado tree and so she should. I don't mind sharing a few avo's with them but they are downright greedy. Needless to say  Tilly 'the keeper of the avo's' has trouble getting up in the morning, in fact, she has to be kicked out at about 9 o'clock.
Tomorrow we go to Queensland. I see my orthopaedic surgeon re my foot. We camp overnight and I am in a 6am flight to cairns onFriday. I am meeting up with my friend from Melbourne I found on YouTube. We are going to have the best time, eating, drinking, laughing and talking. I can't wait.... 2 more sleeps til we get to the top end of Australia where the weather is twice as warm. This lady is a Thermomix wiz and an excellent cook, I I hope I will be learning heaps from her.


No comments:

Post a Comment