Popular Posts

Saturday 20 September 2014

Korean Galbi or Kalbi Beef

We recently picked up a Korean hotplate on eBay. It was brand new, excellent quality sits atop a little gas burner stove  and was left over from a Korean restaraunt. We wanted to try a Korean Galbi Beef recipe which literally means BBQ short ribs but I can't find a butcher willing or able to sell me this particular cut of meat so I got Richo to sharpen my favourite knife and I set about slicing very thin slices of lean beef for my marinade. This meal was cooked at the table, with no smoke or spatter. The hotplate had a fair degree of burnt marinade on it which lifted off with very little scrubbing to my absolute delight. We served it with grilled green onions and mushrooms on a bed of steamed rice, lettuce cups and the spicy colourful Korean red pepper sauce. It was healthy, delicious, easy, economical and fun to make. We have posted a video recipe of this meal on our cheekyricho YouTube channel and you can easily make it on a BBQ or in a frypan. http://youtu.be/qaoXYML2DaE


No comments:

Post a Comment