Popular Posts

Thursday 4 September 2014

How Happy am I!!!!

Finally found a Korean Grocery Store, run by a delightfully helpful couple. I showed them some of my Korean Creations and they were very impressed, offering helpful advice, recipe suggestions and they even stocked a Dolsot, which is a Korean cooking pot for serving Bibimbap. So of course I bought it. I stocked up Korean Pepper powder, korean popcorn, sweets, korean fish sauce, roasted soy powder, tapioca flour, more glutinous rice, dried honey dates, prune drinks and some fresh vegetables. All the things I can't get back home. I even bought this gorgeous tiny butane burner for the camper. It's a full sized burner, accepts full sized gas bottles and is half the size of my current one. Richo reckons it'll even fit in the kayak. 
Then it was off to celebrate at a local Korean Restaurant. miso soup, prawn Gyoza type steamed dumplings, bibimbap and a fragrant pork and vegetable dish with rice. Delicious healthy, colourful and satisfying. We will definitely be back. 
Dinner topped off a pretty good day. Visited my surgeon and after only 5 months since my ankle surgery , he is delighted with my progress, cautioned me about overdoing my rehabilitation and confirmed my actual progress is about 4-5 months further than he anticipated!! Yay me! His parting words were "it's not a race!" This ankle has been holding me back for 20 years. I have some serious catching up to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment