Popular Posts

Sunday 8 May 2016

Day 12 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Cheekyricho cruise holiday

Today is my turn to feel a bit better and Richo  looks and feels like chook droppings. So I made breakfast in bed, omelette, toast, fruit, Bircher  muesli and tea. Haha, I would've cooked it if I could but I did deliver it to our cabin. I actually I did the kilometre round trip with a trusty tray to retrieve viddles from the dining room. I massaged his aching back and legs.  Gave him some cold medicine tucked him into bed and took off to the movies to see The Heart of the Sea movie about Moby Dick. I enjoyed the show. The first 20 minutes I spent coughing and managed to clear the row around me. Hey! I went to a whole row by myself and they all sat on top of me, when there were hundreds of spare seats near nobody. What is it with people needing to sit your pocket. I know I'm no longer contagious but I do probably sound like I haveDiphtheria.
 The Royal Promenade is like the Main Street and the dining rooms are at the very end of it and are quite long themselves. There are bridges across like catwalks where dancers perform and speeches are given. 2 banks of Glass bubble like elevators give a good view of the crowds and shops below.
A quick check on Richo and he looked better for having rested for 2 hours so off to lunch we went. Salad, soup, pork stew, veges and sugar free dessert. Tiny portions of each but at least I was able to eat today. Plenty of fluids and I found a free channel on the TV all about autism I have learnt so much, it is so interesting there is so much I wasn't aware of, particularly the diet aspect. I will be further exploring that when I get home. I believe our Cheekyricho YouTube channel has a lot to offer people searching for specific recipes to help  people with Autism. 
After dinner we decided to visit the early evening show. Some magic show from an Australian /USA based artist. We sat in the front row, to get away from everyone and be able to make a quick getaway if required. I never sit in the front row to make sure I am not dragged into the show. Tonight I thought we were pretty safe but Richo got dragged up and spent the next 30 minutes as part of the show. 


He strapped the artist into a straight jacket became part of the juggling team and was taped to a chair whilst the guy juggled an real axe, a sharp machete and a fake fire torch over his head.
He also had a rose literally whipped out of his mouth with a Kangaroo Hide Stock Whip.
He is probably the lowest paid performer on board he was given a key ring and a little backpack. Our cabin steward thought that was funny and warned us not to carry anything heavy or valuable in it due to its 'quality' or lack there of. Not only that all night people kept coming up to him and chatting to him and commending him on his bravery for participating. They even held the elevator for 'celebrity Bob from Australia' for someone who runs a mile from any publicity or notoriety I was glad to slip quietly back into the anonymous sanctuary of the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment