Popular Posts

Monday 16 May 2016

Day 21 Royal Caribbean Cheekyricho Explorer of the Seas Cruise Holiday.


This little turtle wandered around the bar oblivious to the patrons.
Arousing the interest of a dog that had never seen a turtle before, she was very nervous, then curious and then brave, well a little bit brave. Her tail was tucked so far under her tummy it looked like a g-string.
Back in the cabin and we had the little dog family made out of towels to greet us.
Made us miss our girls even more. I suppose you need a good imagination to see the resemblance but the coincidence of the little one hiding under the bigger dog wasn't lost on us.


To make matters worse just about every ad on the ships TV involving a dog looks like Tilly. 
We seem to have had a short respite from our flu symptoms which has returned with a vengeance. We are beginning to wonder if it's the same flu or a different bug. Richo is wingeing about getting industrial deafness from my coughing. We are staying indoors and ordering room service, leaving our room so it can be serviced. Doesn't matter where we go, we try to go somewhere secluded but  people take off as soon as I start coughing. I don't blame them, I wish I could get away from me too.
Occasionally we get the smell of cigarette smoke through the air conditioner into our cabin. All the rooms are non smoking so it must be some one close, makes me think if we are getting their unfiltered air they would probably be getting ours. Our attempt to voluntarily 'quarantine' ourselves may be futile if that is the case and would explain how bugs are spread so readily. I carry hand sanitiser with me, muffle my cough with a thick handkerchief and use the hand santising stations everywhere I go. Richo suggested to one of the staff members they include more santising stations within the buffet area as people clean their hands upon entry but then eat with their hands, lick their fingers and then handle the tongs and food servers. This would be a very obvious source of cross contamination. Children and Indian people tend not to use cutlery and without appearing to sound offensive or critical of other cultures, I would no sooner lick my fingers and then handle serving implements that others are using than fly to the moon. I think the practice is particularly unhygienic. I have seen people topping up drinks, returning to the buffet with dirty plates to be refilled and handling food with their hands. One woman even picked up bacon with her hands and removed the eye of the bacon from several rashers before dropping the discarded portion back into serving plate, for others to eat.  People really are inconsiderate pigs I wonder how such a lack of manners and common courtesy could have been so far removed from our society.
Note to Self 'lift foot higher when jumping into a pitching tender boat' the resultant collision between your toe with an immovable step is not going to be enjoyable😬

Further note to self 'STOP kicking sore toe!!!!'





No comments:

Post a Comment