Popular Posts

Sunday 8 May 2016

Day nine Cheekyricho Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Transpacific Cruise.

Raining today and we ventured ashore to visit a chemist as Richo is starting to sound like I did 7 days ago and yes I'm counting. Today is Sunday, Suva has a very captive group of shoppers, about 3,600 passengers with nothing better to do than spend money in this little city and guess what Suva was shut. Go figure! If I was a shop owner I would be trading 24 hours a day whilst there was a cruise ship in port and I would make a killing. The tourist info lady told us free wifi at Jacks and the free shuttle bus takes you there to very overpriced poor quality Fijian made Hawaiian type shirts and dresses. The free wifi stopped working just as we got there so I sat looking at my phone for about 3 hours as it totally failed to connect so I walked up to McDonalds and wasted another 30 minutes there before catching the shuttle bus back to the ship. I totally wasted my time and what little energy I had left. The only chemist I found looked more like a toy shop and only stocked the same sort of cold tablets I already had at 3 times the price. $35.00 for a packet of Codral. Add $4.00+ international conversion fee plus 
a 3% fee and it's cheaper to stay sick. Plus the shop assistant was so obnoxious she stuck so close to me I thought she was trying to pick my 
pocket. I was trying to read the ingredients in the packet and she was actually leaning on me. I have just spent a week avoiding contact with people so as not to spread this flu, I am quite obviously not well and this idiot wouldn't get out of my face. I wouldn't wish this bug on anyone but if she gets it from me it's not my fault. I made every effort to put some space between us and she  kept invading my personal space. In the end I simply walked out. No purchase and annoyed. No medicine, no wifi, no shops open. I have no idea why this ship would stop for 2 days in a place like Suva. Everyone is hanging out for Honolulu and we only stop there one day and that's 8 days away.

Richo reckons one lap of this deck equates to about 1 kilometre. If you take the long way to meals that's about 3 kms a day just to eat. Factor in a few staircases and getting lost or curious as to what's out that doorway and you can have some quite nice strolls either undercover or out in the fresh air. The temperature is pleasant and the breeze is warm, incidentally that breeze is only the air movement generated by the ship travelling. There is no actual breeze to speak of, bad news if you're on a yacht and relying on the wind to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment