Popular Posts

Monday 16 May 2016

Day 23 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Cheekyricho transpacific cruise holiday.

My recovery was short lived back to fever, coughing and snuffles. 
We went to the early stage show. It was incredibly loud. I loved the fact that the orchestra was housed in individual boxes behind the singers and dancers. It was a 70's & 80's revival. I was looking forward to it but I only recognised a couple of the songs. A couple of the dancers were quite overweight which surprised me as I have never seen dancers with rolls around their midriff. Then we went to dinner. It was a German theme night and Richo got all excited about the thought of sauerkraut, until he tasted it. The vinegar was so strong, it must have been reduced right down, it took your breath away and was so very salty it was inedible. We had weiswurst and they were nice. Richo pigged out on green peas with malt vinegar. When I met him he dined every night on meat, boiled potato, carrot or pumpkin and PEAS. No gravy but salt & tomato sauce on everything. Breakfast was weetbix and a cup of tea. How far has he come? Light years along the culinary trail but he is older and wider now so I have had to become the handbrake. He is like one of those dolls with no off switch , on his appetite. When he is beyond satisfied he has 3 scoops of Icecream. His justification.... We missed lunch.
My argument.... We aren't doing any excercise, the occasional waddle to and from the food trough, does not count.  With lungs functioning in less than 25% capacity, legs that feel like jelly and an insatiable thirst due to the cold medication the need to huddle in the sanctuary of our cabin has become our insulation from the real world.
We decided to go to the movies at 10.30pm to see Sisters the first half of it was one of the worst movies we have ever seen. I cannot pass judgement on the other half because we walked out along with a significant number of the remaining audience. I would've been very disappointed if I had paid to see it. Spoiler alert... Give it a huge miss,  it's not funny, it's crass, immature and irresponsible. There was not one single entertaining feature in it.
Richo has entered the extreme runny nose phase, lost his voice and confused as to why he is still so unwell. He is sympathetic to me now as he had no idea how ill I had been and dreadful he would feel
As he travelled through the various stages of the illness. He keeps asking me "how long did your headaches, runny nose, loss of appetite, light sensitivity, aches, temperature etc etc etc last?" He is trying to judge where he is along the road to recovery. Why ask me? I'm nowhere near there yet. His latest statement to summarise his 'Man-Flu' ""if I'd known I was gonna get this sick, I wouldn't have come!!!"
He has been watching reruns of Top Gear for days and taking a real interest inAmerican  Politics. Trump or not wot the?
With the help of my iPhone have discovered how many steps it takes to walk to breakfast LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment