Popular Posts

Sunday 8 May 2016

Day 12 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas Trans pacific Cheekyricho cruise holiday.

Richo had big plans, hot shower to inhale steam, couple of cold tablets and up to Breakfast. Great in theory bad in practice. He was going great guns until we went to leave the cabin, a huge croupey coughing fit put him out of the race. So I headed off with my trusty tray to fetch supplies🍽 
We went for a walk on deck four to get some fresh air the starboard side is reserved for smokers. In shade and plenty of air but the smell of smoke was playing havoc with my fragile cough ready lungs so we headed to the warmer port side where the air quality was decidedly much worse the strong smell of diesel was being sucked on deck by the swirling warm wind we didn't last very long outside and retreated totally exhausted to our nice tidy cabin. Johnstone had prepared our room after breakfast and neither of us left it for the rest of the day. Watching reruns of reruns 
and playing Lumosity while Richo slept.
We weren't up to going up for lunch so have it a miss by dinner time we were ready to eat so Tonight I ordered room service.
Everything came in covered trays they must have felt they were feeding an army.
We had soup, some honey stung chicken pieces with sweet potato fries, a beef burger with fries and Richo had a cheesecake and shared my little cheese plate. Washing up consisted of Richo opening the cabin door as I carried the tray laden with plates, covers and cutlery out to the hall. 
Meals are so much simpler when they are delivered. 
I fully intended to order breakfast but my pen is missing in action. In my effort to pare down my carry on to the barest minimum, I decided not to bring a handbag, (which is full of pens) so the after thought 'spare' pen quickly became my Robinson Carusoe Pen and now it's missing. So trek to Breaky for me tomoz.
This is what Day 5 of this shitty flu looks like.
This is the Schooner Bar, it's my favourite so nautical, ropes, blocks, sheets, carved timber, shiny brass and portholes with comfy chairs and these mesmerising little statues or mermaids, sea creatures and sailors entwined with pearls treasures, fish weeds and collages under round glass windows. There is a whole wall of them & the whimsical me loves them.
They have lights in them and over them framed in lovely Australian Cedar type timber.
They are really large and even the occasional tables are really pretty.
I adore the pictures, they are so clever. We have host of delightful timbers at home and I'm sure I could do something like this in our bar, with plenty of timber, bricks, mirrors, brightly coloured spirit bottles ( I have been known to buy a bottle for the top shelf for the prettiness of its bottle) and assorted bar paraphernalia. I even have a wall mounted promotional beer light inside a glass of beer with real bubbles. Did I tell you I love garage sales? People sell the darnedest stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment