Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Day 12 post op reconstructive ankle surgery

It is a gorgeous sunrise. The planes are getting ready to land & take off.
My new ride arrived today. My surgeon sprung me putting it together. It was in pieces and I was surrounded by packing boxes, Allen keys and confusion. He has a wonderful sense of humour and asked me if it came from IKEA, I wish, at least their instructions are easy to follow. Luckily I had my bodgy ankle suspended up in the air so I didn't receive a tongue lashing from him.
That Jet looked a hell of a lot bigger in real Life. Not a shabby view, seems I may be moved again tomoro as they systematically close portions of the hospital for Easter. Many of the surgeons will be away and probably staffing costs over the public holidays have forced people to take time off whether they want to or not.
I have shown you the peaceful then pretty views from my picture perfect windows. In reality I must lay on my back with my leg suspended way above my head to reduce the swelling and the inevitable throbbing pain associated with that swelling. I can sit up at meal times and gaze over my tasty tea tray at the world outside going about its business. My uninterrupted view basically consists of a ceiling. It's not without interest with dividers, lights, vents, speakers and smoke or fire detectors. My home ceiling is much more boring with just one ceiling fan light and the odd Mozzie. Day 12 and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment