Popular Posts

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Slow cooker weather is approaching fast.

Richo likes lamb shanks. I don't like fatty meat. When we slow cook the lamb shanks to a sticky gelatinous fork tender consistency I don't serve it with the cooking sauce. I prefer to pull the vines from the meat and chill the sauce, as the fat rises to the surface it solidifies so I can easily remove it and discard it. I am left with a perfect fat free stock which is packed with flavour and an ideal base for my next soup, casserole or risotto. Not everyone's cup of tea but that's how we do it here. The vegetables and meat are so fall apart tender and moist no sauce is required. So if you are health conscious or just dislike the taste and texture of greasy meat it might be worth trying your lamb cooked with this method. The video recipe will be posted to our cheekyricho YouTube channel in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment