Popular Posts

Thursday 17 April 2014

Day 14 post op Ankle Reconstructive surgery

They removed all the loose single staples today. They were all random punch holes in my heel, inner and outer ankle. They were removed by a student nurse( with my permission of course) he was very nervous and one staple was in a difficult position and extremely difficult and painful to remove. I suspect the staple was not opened enough for an unobstructed removal , the pain from that one staple has been evident all afternoon. The remaining  staples must stay for another week, which will necessitate another 250km round trip to see my surgeon. They have moved me yet again to a different floor this time and I have lost my beautiful sunny view. The garden view is dark and even my room was cold. I had a scoot after dinner and my scooter handle bars are crooked and upon stopping they seemed to slide down inside their shaft. I physically can't adjust it myself because of the position. Day 14 and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment