Popular Posts

Thursday 10 April 2014

Day 6 post ankle reconstructive surgery

Today the Pain relief Pump has been removed. I am In Pain. All the tricks I have learnt are not helping. Gravity defying elevation, pillow positioning, scooter ing, getting that just right position in bed, warm shower, medication management. ALL to no avail. Naps have been frequent and welcome. It feels like someone has stuffed my foot into a too tight boot, basted it with a tingling stinging nettle marinade and then popped it in the oven.  The cramps are the worst as my transferred tendon adjusts to its new home on the opposite side of my foot. Nurses were called upon for pain relief  by most people in this orthapaedic ward last night. I wonder if the possible change in Barimetric Pressure due to the impending Cyclone North of us has anything to do with the increased pressure and pain we all experienced? In our newly formed, repaired or replaced joints. 
Dinner was a highlight. Beef Consommé, whole meal roll with butter, salmon with caper sauce and potatoes Lyonnaise, salad? Juice, custard and mandarin  cream slice. 1/2 cup full of pain pills!

No comments:

Post a Comment