Popular Posts

Thursday 24 April 2014

Day 20 post op ankle reconstruction surgery

Travelled the 240 km round trip to see my Orthopedic Surgeon to have remaining staples removed. There were a couple of not quite sealed areas with significant residual swelling and as a result only half of the staples on each of the major wounds were removed. I must return in another week to have the remainder removed. The feeling sensation and toe wiggling is on track. Still absolutely no load bearing or getting it wet. Dr says " keep looking after our foot"
As you can see the major swelling has subsided and the bruising is fading too. Had a bit if a scoot around Anaconda looking at all the outdoor equipment I hope to be able to use when I am recovered. May have overdone it a tad. Had a very sick , weak moment where I I started to feel quite faint. Quick retreat to subway for a ice coffee and warm Turkey Sanger to either restore my blood sugar or blood pressure, maybe both. 10 more minutes upright and there probably would have been a mess of arms n legs n scooter wheels flat out on the ground. Note to self " take it easy idiot! Actual healing from major surgery is not relative to how I think I am recovering!!!!"
20 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment