Popular Posts

Monday 7 April 2014

Day 1 ankle reconstructive surgery

I wasn't going to mention why my posts have been a little sparse these last few weeks and of course the coming weeks.  On Friday I underwent 3 major procedures on my left foot. Quadruple bone fusions, tendon detachment and transfer and cutting and lengthening of the Achilles Tendon. I am expected to be in hospital for 2 weeks followed by 6 weeks of non weight bearing recovery finishing off with 4-6 months of wearing a special immobilising boot and rehab. I am still able to prepare and present recipes for you just as soon as I am released from hospital. Those of you who have suffered an ankle injury or with medical training will appreciate I am not feeling the best at the moment. I have a pretty long road ahead but I am optimistic about the outcome, my surgeon is also pleased with my progress so far. Keep the suggestions and requests coming and rest assured as soon as I can get back into the kitchen I will do my best to catch up. I am in research mode for the present and making gazoodles of notes, adapting & simplifying recipes and ideas for you to try. My kitchen will be feeling unloved and neglected at the moment but it's only temporary. I presently have 800 YouTube videos uploaded so hopefully they will keep you entertained and informed until we hit full production again. Thank you for your support  and we hope to be helping you in your own kitchen as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment