Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 5 post operation ankle reconstruction surgery

Tonight's dinner, Chicken & Corn Soup, Fricasee of Veal with seasonal vegetables, whole meal roll and butter and Russian Cheesecake, I ordered that for curiosities sake. Washed it down with a particularly fruity still chilled drink of OJ .someone else is cooking for me,for a change. My shower bag leaked giving my boot an unexpected wash. Tonight I have had a cramp in my foot which is unable to be stretched or relieved for about 4 hours. Come on sleep my friend!
And here she is. This is a loaner until my own arrives. Metallic red paint Disc Brakes. I have just circumnavigated the 3rd floor and all it's wings. Helped pass time until BREAKFAST...... My Physioterrorist will be pleased. Not my name for him, it's his affectionate nickname bestowed by fellow staff.

This has been my companion since surgery. It is a relatively new piece of medical equipment. An automatic pump which delivers a measured dose of local anaesthetic behind the knee effectively controlling pain below that point. With a reported 95% success rate, I am extremely grateful I am not in the 5% who don't receive relief from this very innovative device. It has been in place for 5 days and provided the application site remains clean and operational it can be refilled or have dosage adjustments as required. It's got me for a fan. Hope it's absence is not too disruptive to my pain management. Will keep you posted. Day 5 and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment